Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Earl's Thrift Shop = Best Store Ever

The other day Melissa and I decided to drive around and go "junking". We like junk. We had previously passed a couple thrift stores that we hadn't been in and decided to go check them out. One of them was Earl's Thrift Shop. We nearly passed it too. It's not the biggest place.

06May09 097

06May09 096

After pulling into the lot Melissa didn't seem too impressed but lights were on so we decided to give it a try. And boy are we glad we did! Like the sign said it was packed full of antiques, furniture, and collectibles :)
06May09 105
This wasn't one of the girls favorite stores. No toys and a whole lot of "Hands to yourself! NO touchy!"

I fell in love with the furniture there. And it's not over expensive either! Like this bench with storage in the seat for $45.
06May09 103

And this was only $150 I think? I tried not to pay attention to prices on things I have no room in my house for.
06May09 104

There was SO MUCH little junk there. I wanted it all. I don't know where I would put it but my inner pack rat needed it.
06May09 101

And the color coordinated glass was all so pretty. Even had some jadite things for you PW readers ;)
06May09 099

Melissa found a hutch she needed so I got a picture of her next to it so her husband could see how big it is.
06May09 102

I have to go back. There was so much stuff everywhere I felt that I didn't get to see it all. Do you think he'd mind if I came to just hang out with his stuff?
06May09 098

I love this store. Fun, cheap, junk. GOOD junk. I'm going to have to restrain myself though before I end up on Oprah or TLC in an episode about obsessive hoarding. Thanks mom and dad for the 'collecting' gene...anyway...

If YOU want to explore Earl's on your own he is located here:
Earl's Thrift Shop
Just don't think about buying my bench.

No comments: